Monday, February 8, 2010

My First Quilt..

This is my first post on my quilting blog so I wanted to start it off showing a picture of my quilt I did which will be raffled off Sept 11, 2010 along with about 39 more quilts where the proceeds will be going to the Ronald McDonald House in California. I am so happy to be giving for this charity as my husband had cancer at one time too. I never needed to stay at the Ronald McDonald House here, but I'm sure I could have. I for one know what it means to have a place to stay while your spouse is getting treated. I did have a room at the Atrium at the hospital where he was at, so I did get a few good nights rest at times :)

Ok, so on with the show..... here is the quilt top before it was quilted. I really enjoyed making it and I thought it turned out pretty good, although if I had it to do over again, I would have added more color to it. It's sorta plain looking like a "Sunday go to church quilt". Oh well... I'd love to win it back!  LOL















This is a more closeup pic of it! Not sure if you can see the all over quilting or not. I think it looks great with the matching thread. I was so thankful to Joyce Fehr  from the hgtv boards for quilting it for me, provided the backing, binding and batting for me. What an awesome gift!! Thank you Joyce!
















Another close up pic!!!

















If anyone is interested in buying a raffle ticket/tickets to win one of these beautiful quilts which will also be raffled off the same day mine does, please contact me to send the money  and I will get your name in the pot. Tickets are 2.00 each or 3 for 5.00.  Come on, what ya gotta lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment